Sunday, March 27, 2011

Countdown is on...

16 more days and counting... our little man will be arriving via planned c-section in 16 more days... I can hardly wait... and neither can he.

He certainly isn't making these last few weeks easy, with lots of tightens, killer headaches and a range of other issues. I seem to have made Mater Mother's Pregnancy Assessment unit my other home, with a trip there every other day, and man do I hate it... I would prefer not to go in just to be sent home but knowing that if I go into labour the more time they have to prep the better things sometimes gets confusing... especially with this "irritable uterus"

Friday afternoon I woke (after sleeping THROUGH Ethan's drop off... such a bad mummy) with a killer header and nausea that just wouldn't go away, I took panadol, but that didn't help, I rang the assessment unit and they said I could come in or I could give it another hour or so and see what happens, her advice was to get some panadol with codeine and to drink lots of water and fingers crossed things would settle down. Nope nothing worked... went to bed around 8 (such a nana) and started noticing tightens that were coming every 5 minutes, and as time wore on they got stronger, they were longer than anything else I'd had previously and the pain started to radiate into my back, they were lasting 30 - 40 seconds and after an hour I decided to ring the assessment unit again and ask them what to do... So we packed up the car, dropped Ethan off at my mums and headed in to my favourite place in the world. Only to be put on the monitor for 15 minutes, they couldn't see the tightens and decided to remove it in case he started to get excited again (see previous post). Saw the registry and she dismissed everything and sent me home. She basically said that if we can no see the contractions on the machine then I was not in labour and that it was just the irritable uterus playing up. She said to go home and take another two panadol with codeine and come back if things got stronger.

So as you can see I have lots of fun... with my last labour (Ethan) after my waters broke my contractions were 5 minutes apart and lasting for 45 seconds and didn't get closer as I was wheeled into the operating room... so HOW am I to know when to be concerned... I don't... perhaps someone should tell this little man to either wait... or give me a decent sign that he's ready :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment